Duration: 1 Day
Pre-requisites: Delegates should be familiar with Microsoft Windows and MS Project.
Aimed at: Experienced users of MS Project wishing to handle multiple projects and related advanced topics.
Objectives: By the end of the course delegates should be able to: Produce consolidated plans from separate files; Create Resource pools and link existing projects; Produce project related reports using Views and Reports.
- Creating a resource pool (method 1)
- Creating a resource pool (method 2)
- Sharing resources
- Opening the “resource pool” on its own
- Open the resource pool as read-only
- Consolidating projects (inserting projects)
- View multiple critical paths
- Multi project views
- The Gantt Chart
- The Task Usage View
- Resource usage
- Gantt with resource graph
- Levelling with multiple projects
- Date ranged levelling
- Resolving overallocations
- Baselines and interim baselines
- Clearing a baseline
- Interim plans
- Custom fields
- Displaying deadlines
- Custom bar styles
- The missed deadline filter
- Record a macro
- Creating a new toolbar
- Assign your macro to the toolbar
- Attaching a macro to an existing button
The above is an outline intended as a guide only; topics may not be covered in this order. Actual course content will be tailored to suit client’s needs.
For MS Project Workshops, please contact us to discuss your exact requirements.
Creating custom forms with MS Project.
Creating Project Templates.
Integrating MS Project with MS Office.
Contact John Cowie on 0791 787 4739 to book your course, or use our enquiry form to send us a message.